Kumaun University is a State University established on 1973 and having consists of three campuses at Almora , Nainital and Bhimtal. Kumaun University has been awarded FOUR Stars status by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The University has campus of 160 acres and offering bachelor & master degrees, diplomas, M. Phil & Ph. D courses in arts, science, commerce and business management, social sciences, education, engineering and pharmaceutical sciences. Kumaun University has 35 affiliated government colleges and almost equal number of affiliated self-financed private institutions spread across the Kumaun region.
- Amrapali Institute of Applied Sciences
- Chandola Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
- Government Medical College
- Institute of Management & Technology, Kashipur
- Motiram Baburam Govt. Post Graduate College