Sambalpur University was founded in the year 1966 by virtue of the Act passed by the legislative assembly of Odisha.
The University from 1967 operated in a private rental apartment at Dhanupali and during 1968 – 72 the University functioned from the Government building situated at Ainthapali. In 1973 it was reallocated to the Jyoti Vihar campus. The University encompasses ten districts Odisha .
The University has twenty Post-Graduate Departments. In 1998 the Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education collaborated with one P.G. Department of the University. The Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education initiated BCA, PGDCA and PGDIT courses from the year 2000.
The presence Distance Education (DEC), Private Education Cell (PEC), an apex Computer Centre, a huge Central library and a University Yoga Centre, facilitate the realization of the objectives envisioned by the INSTITUTION.
Established : 10th December, 1966
Vice Chancellor : Prof.(Dr.) C.R.Tripathy
Location : Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Odisha
Affiliations : UGC
Website : www.suniv.ac.in
Study Institutes Affiliates:
- Asian Workers’ Development Institute, Rourkela
- Agalpur Panchayat Samiti College, Roth
- Anchal College, Padampur
- Anchalik Kishan College, Bheden
- Anchalik Degree Mahavidyalay, Kusang
For more information on college affiliates, please log on to
Post Graduate Courses
- Business Administration
- Centre of Regional Art and Culture Studies
- Computer Science & Application
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Home Science
- Law (L.L.M.)
- Library & Information Science
- Political Science & Public Administration
- School of Life Sciences
Self Financing PG courses
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- M.Sc. in Bio-Technology
- Executive M.B.A.
- P.G. Diploma in Business Economics.
- Master of Population Studies
- Master of Social Work